Did you just search the question, “How can I find the best fence contractor near me?” You are not alone. Google reports that more and more people are including the words “near me” when searching for local products and services, in Florida and across the globe. It is one of the signals Google uses to decide whether or not to provide those mapped business listings we have all become familiar with. However, is this the best way to find a fence contractor?
Search engines use proximity as a prime factor for showing those mapped business listings. This is great if you are at home craving a pizza or Chinese food, but it is not always the best way to find a fence contractor. Who cares if there is a fence company less than a quarter of a mile from your location? “The best fence contractor near me” may actually be 15 miles or more from your home. Don’t you agree?
So, today we are sharing some tips so that you can actually find the best nearby fence contractor.
1. Do Your Research – Online research is good, but don’t stop there. Ask friends, family, and coworkers for referrals and recommendations. Online reviews and testimonials can be manufactured. The people you know will be honest.
2. Check Out Your Neighbor’s Fences – This is one of the best ways to evaluate the work of a “near me” fence contractor. Moreover, you can ask your neighbors about the pros and cons of working with the company in question.
3. The Better Business Bureau – When looking for a fence contractor in Florida, the Better Business Bureau is an invaluable resource. Unlike many online review websites, complaints lodged against a company here are given greater scrutiny.
4. Get Several Written Estimates – However, avoid the temptation of going with the lowest bidder, especially if it is significantly out of line with the other 2 or 3 estimates. Scrutinize the materials costs and the labor. Is the company cutting corners to lower the price?
5. Choose a Compatible Personality – On some level, it is better to hire a jerk who will get the job done right than a nice guy who does shoddy work. Yet, you do want a fence contractor who will hear what you have to say and help you make good decisions without being pushy.
Your wood fence is no small investment. Nevertheless, if you use these tips for finding the best fence contractor “near me” then you will likely be happy with the company you choose and the outcome.